Make a Difference in East Liverpool with Medical Assistant Training!
Ohio Valley College of Technology is enrolling students for its East Liverpool Medical Assisting program, and you could be in our next class of graduates!
When you earn your Medical Assisting associate degree in East Liverpool, you’ll be ready to work with doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to help examine and treat patients. You will also be trained to work as a medical office administrator, so you can put your skills to use in various medical office settings.
If these pursuits sound like something you’d be interested in, then you’re ready to register for our East Liverpool medical assistant classes. Continue reading to learn more about the program!
“I am a full time student and they have made it possible for me to work full time and still have time for my son. Love, love, love my college.” – Kim Parrish, OVCT Student
About Our Medical Assisting Program
Wondering how OVCT’s curriculum compares with other medical assistant classes in East Liverpool, Ohio and the surrounding areas? We’re proud to go above and beyond for our students, teaching them skills that can be applied to in-demand careers.
When you enroll in our East Liverpool-area medical assistant training, you can count on learning how to do the following:
- Take a patient’s vital signs (such as blood pressure, temperature, and pulse)
- Assist a doctor or nurse with physical exams
- Check a patient’s vision
- Check a patient’s blood-sugar level
- Perform lab tests
- Draw a patient’s blood
- Sterilize medical equipment
- Assist with simple surgeries
- Give injections
- Assist with some heart tests
- Assisting with dialysis for patients with kidney problems
Applying Your Degree
When you become proficient in each of the skills above, you’ll be on your way to entering the medical field. By earning your Medical Assisting associate degree in East Liverpool with OVCT, you’ll be able to steer your future in many different directions. Some future paths may include:
- Managing a doctor’s office
- Working in phlebotomy
- Working in a chiropractor’s office
- Working in a pharmacy
- Working in a hospital scheduling patients and overseeing patient records
If you choose to work as a medical office administrator, you could take your knowledge from our East Liverpool medical assistant training and apply it to:
- Working with insurance companies
- Managing an office
- Scheduling appointments for patients
- Using computers to perform office tasks
- Understanding medical vocabulary
- Understanding patient privacy issues
As one of our medical assisting students, you will complete an externship as part of your East Liverpool medical assistant training. This on-the-job training allows you to apply the skills you’ve learned in the real world with real people. This experience is invaluable and allows you to showcase your skills to employers in your area who hire medical assistants.
Strengthen Your Resume with a Certification
OVCT is designed to prepare you for a National Healthcareer Association certification exam which can strengthen your appeal in the job market. The certification exam our students are qualified to sit for is the:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant*
*Required/Included in Tuition/Fees